Wednesday, March 27, 2013

2012 Mazda 2 - my test-drive

2012 Mazda 2 - my test-drive

I test-drove a 2012 Mazda 2 with 5-speed manual transmission.

Here is a quick review:

It is somewhat a zippy little car. It handles good with stock suspension as people talk about it online and with aftermarket mods, it can do Porsche 911 and Nissan GTR handling; I am talking about 1.04Gs.

It has no horsepower and no torque. It really never pulls you in the seat.

The engine is very eager and wants to be revved so it makes it fun. It reminds me of Civics back when I was in high-school days.

The car likes to be driven hard and the stick shift is really good. Very precise and crispy. It is not good to compare it to a short shifter in one Boxter I test-drove, but to be honest, it is very similar to that. Mazda must've taken the transmission from the Mazda Miata; that's why it is precise and fun.

The clutch is very soft and very sensitive in 1st gear so it is tough to launch for me as I am used to medium/heavy feel in the clutch in VWs that I owned.

Overall:

It is a nice little fun car, but I got spoiled with 220hp on my modified VW. If I could get 10-20hp on top of stock 100hp keeping it normally aspirated, I would consider buying this knowing that the car handles well. It has a potential to pull 72mph in slalom and 1.04 Gs with aftermarket parts; the B-spec version of this car gets those numbers.


Keywords: #mazda #mazda2 #bspec #carreview #autoreview 
<THE END>





No comments:

Post a Comment