- Code review as project happens.
- Governance around CORE code and impact analysis
- Early integration testing: provide stubs on your code early so other
teammates start using it. If short on time, tune down a bit on unit-testing and use that
energy/time for integration testing.
- Allow bigger projects to be released into QA environment in small phases.
- Allow soft-launching methodology to production for bigger projects
so you don't risk and introduce bugs by doing everything in one big
- Monitor QA environment and truly understand what gets pushed into it: have a
clean dashboard of all the activities that are taking place. This
prevents tickets to be dragged into production by accident and keeps
the quality in the current environment.
- QA team to do free form testing with full understanding of the product.
- QA team doing load testing in Stage and Production.
- Prevent bad quality code to sit in production by monitoring the
production for PERCENTAGE change in low-level errors. If greater than
some threshold, then roll back.
- Have ability to introduce new features to certain group of customers (demographics, geo-location....)
to slowly roll out new features.
#softwaredevelopment #softwareengineering #developers #development #QA #quality